Opus for Local Councils
Opus was originally designed for use by a parish council and we are in the middle of making a number of enhancements to Opus to make it even more suitable for use by Parish and Town Councils. The items we have already added include:
- An extra phase in the Opus installation software to pre-configure Opus for use by local councils.
- Easier uploading of agendas and minutes in PDF (or Word) format so that clerks can do this themselves without any intervention by the webmaster.
- Automatic creation of index page(s) for minutes.
- Enhancements to the search engine to allow searches restricted to only search within the minutes.
Further enhancements we intend to do include:
- A private file area for councillors.
We have been working with the webmasters at existing Opus sites owned by parish councils so that we ensure that the changes are as suitable as possible for local councils to use and all but the last two changes are now completed.
You can find out more about our philosophy on managing parish council documents on this page.